Advancing Comprehensive School Mental Health Systems
SHAPE, The School Health Assessment and Performance Evaluation System, hosted by the National Center for School Mental Health
- SHAPE is a “public-access, web-based platform that offers schools, districts, and states/territories a workspace and targeted resources to support school mental health quality improvement.”
- SHAPE houses the National School Mental Health Census and the School Mental Health Quality Assessment.
National School Mental Health Best Practices and Related Projects, Mental Health Technology Transfer Center Network
- “Implementation Guidance Modules for States, Districts, and Schools … contain[ing] trainer and participant manuals, 8 module slide desks …, and recorded virtual learning sessions.”
Advancing Comprehensive School Mental Health Systems, National Center for School Mental Health
- Resources developed in partnership with local, state, and national leaders to offer guidance to local communities and states to advance comprehensive school mental health systems
Mental Health Resources for K-12 Schools, SchoolSafety.Gov
- Resources, guides, and tolls for school communities to reference mental health.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Cultural Inclusiveness and Equity WISE Resources, Classroom WISE (Well-Being Information and Strategies for Educators)
- Resources on cultural inclusiveness and equity
Well-Being Information and Strategies for Educators
Classroom WISE (Well-Being Information and Strategies for Educators)
- “A free 3-part training package that assists K-12 educators and school staff in supporting the mental health of students in the classroom.”
Every Opportunity, Video, Atlanta Speech School
- Video showcasing the importance of positive adult engagement with students during school.
Mental Health in Latino/Hispanic Communities & Resources en Español
Latinx/Hispanic Communities and Mental Health, Mental Health America
Using Cuento to Support the Behavioral Health Needs of Hispanics/Latinos, SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration)
- Overview of the behavioral needs of Hispanics/Latinos: data, culturally appropriate approaches, and more
Salud Mental en Español, AFT (American Federation of Teachers)
- Resources and overview to learn more about common mental health disorders and related problems
Información en español sobre la salud mental, NIH (National Institute of Mental Health)
- Links resources in Spanish
I’m So Stressed Out! Infographic, NIH
Former Parkland Principal Calls For Mental Health Wellness Centers in Every School, The 74, June 12, 2023
- Interview with Ty Thompson, former principal of Stoneman Douglas, on what is needed for long-term recovery of the school community.