Corpus Christi Independent School District (ISD) joins Cypress-Fairbanks (ISD), Goose Creek (CISD), Leander (ISD), Lewisville (ISD) and Round Rock (ISD) as the sixth Texas school district to earn the CoSN Trusted Learning Environment (TLE) Seal, the most of any state in the nation.
“Corpus Christi ISD’s continuous efforts in ensuring student data is protected are part of our district’s recognition that privacy and cybersecurity are key priorities. We take seriously our responsibility to provide training and enact measures to help keep our students, staff and district safe,” said Thomas Molina, Information Security Officer, Corpus Christi ISD.
The CoSN TLE Seal program is the nation’s only data privacy framework for school systems, focused on building a culture of trust and transparency. The TLE Seal serves as a critical student data privacy framework for school systems. Earning the TLE Seal requires that school systems take measurable steps to implement and maintain organization-wide data privacy practices encompassing:
- Leadership, by providing the guidance, policies and resources to direct the use and governance of student data in a manner that reflects fluency in applicable data privacy laws and is transparent to stakeholders.
- Business, by establishing vetting processes for education technologies and implementing effective data protection agreements with technology providers receiving student data.
- Data security, by implementing practices to protect student data across all media and auditing regularly to maintain those practices over time.
- Professional development, by requiring privacy and security training for all staff and offering related resources to all community stakeholders.
- Classroom, by implementing educational processes and procedures to support transparency and to build privacy knowledge while advancing curricular goals.
Together, CoSN TLE Seal recipients in Texas work to protect the privacy of over 300,000 students. Nationwide, CoSN TLE Seal recipients work to protect the privacy of over 1 million students. Corpus Christi ISD serves nearly 33,000 students at 56 campuses within 68 square miles.
Learn more about Corpus Christi ISD at CCISD.
View the original story here.