Read Across America on March 3rd!
Read with a child on March 3rd to celebrate the joy of reading and promote children's literacy!
The National Education Association's Read Across America is a nationwide "annual reading motivation and awareness program that call for every child in every community to celebrate reading on or around Dr. Seuss's birthday."
Over the next two weeks, PublicSchoolInsights.org will celebrate Read Across America with special on-line events, including:
- March 3rd, 2:30 pm: An exclusive interview with famed children's book author Joseph Bruchac
- March 6th, 4:00 pm: An exclusive interview with best-selling children's book author Jon Scieszka, the nation's first children's literature laureate.
- March 11th, 2:00 pm: An exclusive interview with dedicated middle school educators Carmen Macchia and Michael DeVito of Port Chester Middle School in New York.
- March 14th, 2:00 pm: An exclusive interview with nationally-recognized adolescent literacy expert Don Deshler.
In the meantime, check out the wealth of resources for parents and teachers NEA offers on its Read Across America Website.
Click here to browse dozens of Public School Insights interviews with extraordinary education advocates, including:
- "Pinterest Queen"/Art Teacher Donna Staten on social media and lesson planning
- 2015 School Counselor of the Year Cory Notestine on the state of his profession
- GSU's Dr. Gwendolyn Benson on innovations in educator preparation
The views expressed in this website's interviews do not necessarily represent those of the Learning First Alliance or its members.
Keeping It Real: Preparing Students for College and Career
A Toledo public school is helping students see an immediate connection between their school work and their career interests. Learn more...
- ASCD Inservice
- AACTE's Ed Prep Matters
- ISTE Connects
- PTA's One Voice
- PDK Blog
- The EDifier
- Legal Clips
- Learning Forward’s PD Watch
- NAESP's Principals' Office
- NASSP's Principal's Policy Blog
- The Principal Difference
- ASCA Scene
- Always Something
- NSPRA: Social School Public Relations
- Transforming Learning
- AASA's The Leading Edge
- AASA Connects (formerly AASA's School Street)
- NEA Today
- Lily's Blackboard
What Else We're Reading
- DQC's The Flashlight
- Center for Teaching Quality
- The Answer Sheet
- Politics K-12
- U.S. Department of Education Blog
- John Wilson Unleashed
- The Core Knowledge Blog
- This Week in Education
- Inside School Research
- Teacher Leadership Today
- On the Shoulders of Giants
- Teacher in a Strange Land
- Teach Moore
- The Tempered Radical
- The Educated Reporter
- Taking Note
- Character Education Partnership Blog
- Why I Teach