Leading school counselors Cory Notestine and Dan Peabody discuss how the implementation of the Common Core has impacted their work and the ways in which they are collaborating with colleagues.
State Alliances: South Dakota
MAPLE, the Midwest Alliance for Professional Learning and Leadership, joined the LFA in December 2009.
MAPLE is a collaborative community of educators focused on professional development for teaching, learning, and leadership. The purpose of MAPLE is to establish a collaborative structure for continuously improving education systems by building capacity of educators and other constituents.
- South Dakota Parent Teacher Association
- South Dakota Department of Education
- Technology and Innovation in Education
- South Dakota Board of Regents
- South Dakota Education Association
- Associated School Boards of South Dakota
- South Dakota Education Service Agencies
- School Administrators of South Dakota
- South Dakota Association of Colleges of Teacher Education
- South Dakota Tribal Colleges
- South Dakota Technical Institutes
- South Dakota Public Broadcasting
- South Dakota Teacher of the Year
For more information, contact The Learning First Alliance/South Dakota Chair:
Mr. John Swanson
Deputy Director at Technology and Innovation in Education (TIE)
1925 Plaza Blvd.
Rapid City, SD 57702