Principal Thomas Payton, an NAESP State Representative, discussed a number of topics related to principal leadership, teacher evaluation and individual professional development, and the implementation of Common Core
State Alliances: South Dakota
MAPLE, the Midwest Alliance for Professional Learning and Leadership, joined the LFA in December 2009.
MAPLE is a collaborative community of educators focused on professional development for teaching, learning, and leadership. The purpose of MAPLE is to establish a collaborative structure for continuously improving education systems by building capacity of educators and other constituents.
- South Dakota Parent Teacher Association
- South Dakota Department of Education
- Technology and Innovation in Education
- South Dakota Board of Regents
- South Dakota Education Association
- Associated School Boards of South Dakota
- South Dakota Education Service Agencies
- School Administrators of South Dakota
- South Dakota Association of Colleges of Teacher Education
- South Dakota Tribal Colleges
- South Dakota Technical Institutes
- South Dakota Public Broadcasting
- South Dakota Teacher of the Year
For more information, contact The Learning First Alliance/South Dakota Chair:
Mr. John Swanson
Deputy Director at Technology and Innovation in Education (TIE)
1925 Plaza Blvd.
Rapid City, SD 57702
A VISION FOR GREAT SCHOOLS
On this website, educators, parents and policymakers from coast to coast are sharing what's already working in public schools--and sparking a national conversation about how to make it work for children in every school. Join the conversation!