For her leadership in the areas of teacher quality and educational equity and reform, the Learning First Alliance has named Stanford professor and accomplished author Linda Darling-Hammond as our 2013 Education Visionary Award winner.
Minnesota Alliance for Student Achievement
Formed as a state Learning First Alliance in November 2006.
The Alliance for Student Achievement groups Minnesota's education organizations with the purpose of improving student achievement in their state. Their goal is to speak with one voice on pre K-12 education policies and issues.
Member Organizations include:
- Education Minnesota
- Association of Metropolitan School District (AMSD)
- Minnesota School Board Association (MSBA)
- Minnesota Association of Secondary School Principals (MASSP)
- Schools for Equity in Education (SEE)
- Minnesota Association of School Business Officials (MASBO)
- Minnesota Elementary School Principals Association (MESPA)
- Minnesota Rural Education Association (MREA)
- Minnesota Association of School Administrators (MASA)
- Minnesota Parent, Teacher, Student Association (MNPTA)
For more information, contact The Alliance for Student Achievement Chair:
A VISION FOR GREAT SCHOOLS
On this website, educators, parents and policymakers from coast to coast are sharing what's already working in public schools--and sparking a national conversation about how to make it work for children in every school. Join the conversation!