LFA calls on policymakers to take the time necessary to get Common Core implementation right and hold off tying high stakes consequences to aligned assessments. To help guide implementation, we've launched a website highlighting best practices....
State Alliances: Alabama
Formed in 2005; joined the LFA state alliance network in 2005
The Learning First Alliance of Alabama (LFAA) is an alliance of education and child advocacy groups committed to changing the conversation about education in Alabama and providing citizens with a better understanding of the work public schools are doing. It currently is designing communication/action strategies based on extensive research about the public’s values and goals for public schools.
LFAA members are:
- Alabama Arise
- Alabama Association of School Boards
- Alabama Conference of Educators
- Alabama Council of Colleges for Education
- Alabama Department of Education
- Alabama Education Association
- Alabama PTA
- Alabama School Communicators Association
- A+ Education Foundation
- Council for Leaders in Alabama Schools
- School Superintendents of Alabama
- Business Council of Alabama
- Voices for Alabama Children
For more information, contact LFAA coordinator:
Ms. Denise L. Berkhalter
334-277-9700 ext.16 (w)
A VISION FOR GREAT SCHOOLS
On this website, educators, parents and policymakers from coast to coast are sharing what's already working in public schools--and sparking a national conversation about how to make it work for children in every school. Join the conversation!