The OECD has released the latest Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) results. Visit our collection of resources to help you interpret them in context.
Mission and Goals
The Learning First Alliance (LFA) and its 14 member organizations commit to advocating for public schools in the United States that exhibit world-class standards and provide all students a path to successful lives and active citizenship.
LFA achieves its vision by serving as a discussion forum, expert resource, issue advocate and catalyst for action.
LFA harnesses the intellectual resources and strategic capacities of 14 national associations of educational professionals and community and state leaders to engage diverse advocates ready to affirm, fund and implement efforts that produce sustainable, systemic education change.
LFA believes that:
- Strong and effective public education is essential to our democratic future and economic success.
- Every child in the U.S. must have access to a public school that prepares all students to participate in our democracy and lead satisfying and productive lives.
- LFA members provide visionary leadership and strategic action to shape the future for a strong public education system.
1) Ensure increased public support for public education through an aggressive communication strategy.
2) Strengthen LFA’s standing as an organization that promotes sound policy and practice through collaborative activities with other leadership groups.
3) Support LFA leaders’ professional growth through opportunities for candid conversation and intensive interaction with thought-leaders.
A VISION FOR GREAT SCHOOLS
On this website, educators, parents and policymakers from coast to coast are sharing what's already working in public schools--and sparking a national conversation about how to make it work for children in every school. Join the conversation!