Kentucky Chamber of Commerce CEO David Adkisson discusses why Kentucky’s business community supports college- and career-ready standards and how they have partnered with schools and community organizations to support implementation.
Vision, Mission & Goals
World-class standards, successful lives and active citizenship for every public school student in America.
The Learning First Alliance, a partnership of leading education associations representing more than 10 million members, supports improved student learning in America's public schools by engaging individual and organizational expertise, leadership and advocacy efforts.
LFA believes that:
- Strong and effective public education is essential to America's future and economic success.
- The more we work and learn from each other and others involved in education, the better we serve students.
- Members of LFA organizations are employing innovative and successful solutions to education challenges in schools across the country.
- Advocate on behalf of public education
- Support collaborative learning for LFA leadership
- Lead communications initiative in support of Common Core State Standards implementation
A VISION FOR GREAT SCHOOLS
On this website, educators, parents and policymakers from coast to coast are sharing what's already working in public schools--and sparking a national conversation about how to make it work for children in every school. Join the conversation!